Job type: 72 hours per pay period
Requirements/Education: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Licenses/Certifications: License to practice nursing in South Dakota
Interested individuals should contact Jen Burton, Clinic Director at 605-472-0510 or to Human Resources Department at 605-475-7406.
Applications are available on the redfield-sd.com website to print off. Mail to: Human Resources, PO Box 420, Redfield SD 57469.
Benefit package includes: health, dental, vison, life and SD Retirement benefits.
Responsibilities: Individual will provide professional nursing care for clinic patients following nursing standards and practices.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Prepared equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician/physician assistant. Dispenses medications as directed.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls, per policy. Instructs patient and designated family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
- Orders vaccine from the Department of Health and completes appropriate forms.
- Attends required meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.