Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
Pay Type: Hourly (includes rotating call, weekends, holidays)
Job type: 80 hours per pay period
Requirements/Education: Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
Licenses/Certifications: Certification required: MLT, CLS, MLS, or equivalent.
Interested individuals should contact Roxane Beardemphl, Laboratory Director at 605-472-1110 or Human Resources Department at 605-475-7406.
Applications are available on the redfield-sd.com website to print off and mail to: Human Resources, PO Box 420, Redfield SD 57469.
Benefit package includes: health, dental, vison, life and SD Retirement benefits.
Laboratory generalist: ability to perform phlebotomy, hematology, chemistry, blood bank, coagulation, microbiology, urinalysis, special chemistry and COVID-19 collections/testing.
Responsible for: Proper specimen collection, handling and corresponding orders for diagnostic testing.
- Performance and appropriate documentation of diagnostic testing.
- Accurate and timely reporting of diagnostic testing.
- Performance and interpretation of Quality Control/Calibration and participation in all quality assessment activities.
- Maintaining clinical competency through on-going education and professional development.
- Performance of testing in accordance with regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Assigned special projects/functions as determined by Laboratory Management.