This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values.
Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
This position operates in both an office and plant environment.
- In the office, the team member will work on a personal computer.
- In the plant environment, the team member may be exposed to noise, heat and other elements both inside and outside as well as possible exposure to moving, mechanical parts, dust, high noise levels, internal and external temperature/weather conditions and exposure to chemicals.
Specific physical requirements include:
- Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders. • Opening valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight of less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
- Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing PPE.
- Using hand and power tools.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment in the laboratory.
- Complete all necessary testing and ensure all data leaving the lab is accurate and precise through efficient and timely QC data entry.
- Ensure all quality control standards, duplicates, and cross-validations are completed as established by RE.
- Perform quality assurance testing on supporting laboratory equipment.
- Calibrate, clean and maintain all laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Perform and analyze daily and weekly NIR (PQ) tests; report any significant deviations or test failures to the Lab Manager.
- Perform NIR External Cross Validations as established by RE to ensure NIR calibrations are working properly; report deviations to the Lab Manager.
- Ensure HPLC Secondary Standards are within control limits.
- Verify inputs into Fermcast and check dashboard trends
- Pay close attention to fermentation and report anything out of the ordinary.
- Oversee the retention of outgoing product samples
- Participate in and conduct laboratory meetings when needed; act as backup for Lab Manager when necessary.
- Work with the operations team to maximize efficiency and output of plant operations.
- Provide feedback to operations regarding plant performance based on testing results.
- Attention to detail at all times, especially when testing, calibrating, entering data and filling chemicals.
- Ensure operators are properly field sampling and testing according to established SOPs.
- Perform all tasks associated with Feed Safety/Quality, assigned or as needed, to meet internal and external requirements relating to the production of safe, quality feed products.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner; maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Team member is expected to physically report to work on time at their assigned location and is seldom absent.
- Team member can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Must maintain strong integrity to work unsupervised, recognizing ways to stay busy with tasks that benefit RE
- Maintain a team environment with other departments at all times.
- Champion Redfield Energy in the community.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned by Lab Manager.