Spink County Coalition
Business Category: Civic Organization, Education, Redfield
Redfield, SD 57469
Developed by Watertown Prevention Resource Center and SAMHSA
The Spink County Coalition operates under a Strategic Prevention Framework grant and a South DakotaTobacco Control Program Community/School Partnership grant. With these monies several programs are funded:
- PROJECT SUCCESS: Project SUCCESS is designed to prevent and reduce substance use and abuse among adolescents and high school students.
- STRENGTHENING FAMILIES: Strengthening Families is an internationally recognized parenting and family strengthening program for families with youth 10-14 years of age.
- ALCOHOL RESTRICTIONS AT COMMUNITY EVENTS: The Coalition works with community event organizers as well as retail and off sale establishments to provide beverage server certification training.
- TOBACCO COMMUNITY/SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP: The Project SUCCESS Counselors and Coalition Coordinator works with students, school administration, health teachers, and community partners to provide resources, information about the effects of tobacco in our schools and communities.
- COALITION CAPACITY: The Coalition seeks new partners to be representative of Spink County including parents, youth, business owners, law enforcement, school personnel, and the faith community.
( Civic Organization, Education, Redfield )